Enerveo is one of the largest multi-discipline contracting businesses in the UK, offering a broad scope of services including electrical, high voltage, EV (electric vehicle) infrastructure, mechanical, test, and inspection services, as well as being the UK and Republic of Ireland’s leading street lighting installation, upgrade, and maintenance business.
The business re-branded from SSE Contracting Ltd in the UK and SSE Airtricity Utility Solutions Limited in the Republic of Ireland to Enerveo Limited (UK) and Enerveo Ireland Limited (ROI). The re-brand gave it a new identity in the market as it looked to refocus on its new target markets and transform how it operated.
As summer of 2022 approached, it was the right time to develop a UK-wide PR strategy to help support its newly in place team and focus to achieve the business’s new goals. Ultimately, the business wanted to elevate its national presence, share its new narrative, and showcase its roster of credentials and experience in key sectors.
The core objectives of the twelve-month strategy were to:
- Raise the profile of Enerveo, what it is, what it stands for and the scale of the organisation.
- Help the business reach key buyers in companies of focus
- To become recognised as a key provider of HV, LV, EV and renewables within tender frameworks, platforms and projects.
of target case studies created
of coverage KPI achieved
of target core sectors reached
We developed a targeted PR campaign that was split into two workstreams to humanise and help position the new brand, start a powerful and ‘always-on’ press office function, bring a new creative flair to its communication strategy and finally lay the foundations to enable long-term competitive advantage.
Workstream one and two began together and ran cohesively for the 12 months.
The first priority was to humanise the brand and build awareness of the new name, its people and the ever-growing number of successful UK-wide projects. We recognised that Enerveo’s people are the lifeblood of the organisation – without them, the new era of the business would not be a success. It was imperative, especially after the change the business had already experienced, that they all felt part of the future of the business.
To ensure that the new brand and its core values were breathed through the organisation – team Refresh worked hand in hand with the internal communications team to bring the story to life.
When this stream was in motion, we felt we could then begin to show the business’s capabilities, services, clients, and creativity further in workstream two.
Team Refresh went on a mission to make sure that one of Enerveo’s new strengths would be its ability to react to the news agenda through its ‘always on’ press office function.
We made sure there was a consistent pipeline of proactive stories alongside reactive press office commentary, which over the course of the strategy, saw journalists’ approach us rather than Refresh going to them.
Over the duration of the campaign:
- 104% of coverage KPI achieved across well-read, key trade, national and regional press including the likes of Open Access Government, EV Fleet World, Construction.co.uk and EnvironTech ensuring widespread brand awareness amongst Enerveo’s target market.
- Enerveo’s executive leadership team members were quoted or mentioned in 100% of coverage generated.
- 100% of the annual target was hit on Refresh creating new inroads and relationships with those operating in identified target sectors.
- 100% of the annual target to create long-form case studies to help the business shout about their ongoing project successes was achieved.
Services delivered included:
- Strategy and planning
- Content development
- General copywriting
- Media relations
- Exec profiling
- National and trade press office
- Digital PR and link building
- Lead generation
- Case study writing
- Measurement and evaluation
“We chose Refresh to help us share our new brand and our capability because they understood our sector and also what we wished to achieve and why. The team at Refresh has consistently demonstrated commitment to get this right for us and they have been flexible and collaborative in their approach. We are recognised as being in the top six in our market in the UK and we have been proud to work with Refresh in getting much more than our name out there – more importantly they have helped us to share our capabilities with a broader audience.” Sales and Marketing Director, Enerveo