Culture Shift is a software development business that exists to lead positive change in organisational culture, by building products that empower organisations to tackle harassment and bullying. In March 2020, following an injection of VC funding, Culture Shift appointed Refresh as its first ever PR agency to raise its profile, shout about the work it does, make inroads into the corporate market, and help foster new relationships of importance.
To do this, we designed and implemented a campaign with two core workstreams – both focused heavily on strong media relations and brand building. Firstly, ongoing proactive and reactive media outreach across broadcast, online and print media, introducing Culture Shift and the work it does to key journalists and securing regular features, profiles and comment opportunities.
pieces of coverage
billion people reached
key message inclusion
Secondly, a dedicated thought leadership campaign targeting the corporate market, honing in on workplace culture and diversity and inclusion in the workplace – two topics currently very high on the media agenda. This campaign centres around the thoughts and opinions of 1000 professionals working across Culture Shift’s core target sectors, teamed with the opinions of key stakeholders, influencers and businesses within these sectors. This research is being seeded out via clever content and a sustained, ongoing media campaign, plus joined up activity via other marketing channels through Culture Shift’s in-house marketing team.
Working with tech for good organisations is one of our main passions here at Refresh, so we’re thrilled to be supporting Culture Shift on its journey towards creating happy, safe and inclusive organisational cultures for all.
- 111 pieces of press coverage across vertical, national and regional publications including Wired, BBC, Reuters, The Guardian, The Telegraph, LBC, Yahoo! MSN, HR Director, Law.com, Personnel Today and Information Age.
- 76% of coverage in corporate market
- Over 6 billion people reached
- Key messages included in 72% of coverage
- Ongoing relationships with key media contacts at top tier national media titles
- Interactions and continued engagement with key figures in workplace culture space
Services delivered include:
- Strategy and planning
- National press office
- Content creation
- Media relations
- Broadcast media
- Press releases
- Stakeholder management
- General copywriting
- Lead generation
- Measurement and evaluation