Distology is an award-winning, passionate and highly knowledgeable cybersecurity distributor, representing leading and emerging vendors and supporting an extensive network of IT resellers, solution providers and service providers across the EMEA region.
Following several successful months and recent investment, Distology appointed Refresh to support its scaling strategy. With ambitious growth plans, Distology needed to raise brand awareness among target audiences.
Competition across the IT distributor market is fierce. However, Distology’s approach is vastly different to others operating in the space and with a unique value proposition to disrupt the wider marketplace, the business needed to shout about what makes it distinct. As such, building brand awareness and raising the profile of the business amongst relevant external stakeholders was essential to ensure the campaign delivered strong return on investment (ROI).
The core objectives of the campaign were to:
- Build brand awareness for Distology in the UK cybersecurity and wider tech market
- Raise the profile of executive leadership team members by positioning them as experts on all things cybersecurity across relevant external channels
- Raise the profile of the business amongst IT resellers across the UK
pieces of coverage
million people reached
We developed a targeted PR campaign to create buzz, by generating coverage across national, tech, business and trade press. Grounded in strong research and packaged into an impactful content series, campaign themes linked back to topical areas such as the future of cybersecurity, cybersecurity disruptors, and cybersecurity in a multi-cloud world, which support Distology’s three core specialisms – multi-cloud security, cybersecurity operations and workspace security
To shine a light on industry challenges, while highlighting what the future of this ever-evolving space looks like, we commissioned research to ask those at the forefront of protecting their organisations from increasingly sophisticated cybercriminals about their priorities, plus determine trends when it comes to gaps/vulnerabilities in current cybersecurity strategies. Insights we knew would pique the interest of all key stakeholders, while affirming Distology’s place as an expert in this area.
Generating noise/ensuring Distology became synonymous with all things cybersecurity, the data helped develop a sustained content campaign. We formed three pieces of hero content (mini reports), which were gated to drive lead generation – providing commercial value/delivering strong ROI.
Target media was predominantly tech trade, which is widely read by target audiences, as well as national, business and sector press. While the data was also weaved into spokesperson talking points for events and repurposed for owned channels including the business’ podcast, blogs/social.
Over the duration of the campaign:
- 131 pieces of quality coverage were generated across well-read, key trade and national press including the likes of The Times, Yahoo!, Computer Weekly, CRN and Business Live ensuring widespread brand awareness amongst Distology’s target tech market
- Distology’s executive leadership team members were quoted/mentioned in more than 80% of coverage generated
- 10 thought-leadership opinion pieces/profiles were secured, helping firmly establish Distology’s senior team members as experts on all things cybersecurity
- 75 sales leads were generated for Distology’s team via content downloads, including multiple prominent/national resellers
Services delivered include:
- Strategy and planning
- Market research
- Content development
- General copywriting
- Media relations
- Exec profiling
- National and trade press office
- Digital PR and link building
- Lead generation
- Measurement and evaluation
“The team at Refresh has been a really natural and brilliant complement to our team. Their ideas match their execution in brilliance and they make the work we do together effortlessly natural. The work they’ve done with us this year has pushed our market presence and persona to a new high and we love working with them, seeing their cheerful faces, and seeing them bring ideas to life." Chief Product Officer, Distology