After a successful first year working with the team at Refresh, impact software developer, Culture Shift had become a leading trusted voice on tackling bullying and harassment in places of work/study, and was looking to continue building on this momentum via a targeted PR campaign.
The objectives of the campaign were to:
- Raise awareness of Culture Shift and the work it does across key workplace (business, HR, finance/banking, insurance, legal, healthcare and public sector)
- Position Culture Shift as a leading voice in activating positive change in workplace culture
- Contribute to lead generation across the workplace sector
- Provide content to tie into the business’ wider marketing strategy
pieces of coverage
billion people reached
Refresh launched a content-led B2B campaign, grounded in research, focusing on the topical theme of ‘risk and reputation’ to shine a light on the impact misconduct claims have on a business. From the impact on the people at centre of them, to financial repercussions and reputational damage caused by a public scandal, the campaign was aimed at generating widespread attention amongst media and prospective Culture Shift clients.
To form the foundation of the campaign, we commissioned research to delve into various topics from how misconduct claims/scandals impact everything from employee mental health, sentiment and productivity, to presenteeism/absenteeism, attrition and retention – all of which link to Culture Shift’s mission of building a culture that is safe, happy and supportive for everyone, by tackling bullying and harassment. The research also looked at the impact toxic cultures can have on organisations’ bottom line, including investment, external perception and reputation, while shining a light on the financial repercussions that come with issues of this nature – topics we knew would pique the interest of not only the target audience, but media too.
The research data was then developed into a content series for owned and external channels, comprising reports, press releases, thought-leadership articles, social posts, blogs, infographics and a risk calculator (which lived on the Culture Shift website). Due to the audience demographic and objectives, it was crucial for us to team owned content with media outreach, ensuring maximum brand awareness. While some content was open publicly, the reports were gated to support lead generation for Culture Shift’s sales team and give media dedicated landing pages to drive traffic to via backlinks.
- Landed 94 high-quality coverage hits across all key media, raising widespread awareness of Culture Shift and the work it does on a national scale
- Resulted in coverage amongst the likes of Metro, Independent, City A.M., Yahoo!, Financial Reporter, Nursing Notes, Legal Cheek and HR Grapevine, to name a few
- Generated on-message coverage with 97% of all results generated including key messages
- Reached an audience of 5 billion+
- Garnered widespread attention and positioned Culture Shift as a leading voice in activating positive change in workplace culture, resulting in the CEO becoming a go-to for comment on relevant areas – inbound requests from the likes of Times Radio, The Guardian and LBC
- Grew the business’ share of voice on an important subject matter relating to its work
- Generated 94+ leads across target sectors for the Culture Shift sales team, which resulted in conversations/meetings with several prominent public and private sector organisations
- Resulted in seven awards shortlists
Services delivered include:
- Strategy and planning
- Content development
- General copywriting
- Media relations
- National press office
- Digital PR and link building
- Lead generation
- Measurement and evaluation
“This campaign will go down as one of our most successful to-date and has really helped us to move the needle amongst our target market. Not only did it work cross channel and result in widespread brand awareness, but it’s ensured we have a strong share of voice within an important conversation that we’re incredibly passionate about.” Head of Marketing, Culture Shift