Technical Copywriter - part-time
Due to new client wins, Refresh is recruiting for a new technical copywriter to join the team on a part-time basis. The role would suit someone seeking part-time, flexible hours and also freelancers. The role is a minimum of 15 hours per week.
As a copywriter, you will have a vitally important role at Refresh and will need to be able to demonstrate an ability to produce original, creative and engaging copy with the ability to comfortably vary the tone of voice and style for each client, channel and target audience. You will ensure – working with the account teams – that Refresh produces high performing content that helps clients connect with their target audience through multiple channels and Refresh to continue to deliver high quality results for clients.
- Write original, creative and engaging copy, plus repurpose and edit content, for a range of client and Refresh communications and marketing materials including but not limited to press releases, case studies, social media, award entries, thought leadership, blogs, white papers, websites, content marketing and email marketing campaigns
- Produce copy for use across digital, traditional and social media channels
- Comfortably vary the tone of voice, style and other characteristics demanded by the client, industry or target audience
- Ensure copy is accurate in terms of its spelling and grammar, data and facts
- Ensure that copy contains the clients’ key messages or calls to action where appropriate
- Collaborate with the account team from concept briefing to delivery of final copy
- Conduct high quality research including interviews with clients to obtain accurate briefs
- Work to agreed deadlines
- Be proactive in suggesting new content ideas to the account teams and participate in team creative brainstorms
- Have strong conceptual skills and advise on how visual elements of design and graphics should relate to the copy and source suitable images where applicable
As a growing agency, you’ll have the unique opportunity to contribute to the direction of the organisation. Whatever job role you’re in, everyone has a voice at Refresh and your opinions and ideas are valued.
Aside from this, perks include:
- Flexible hours
- Option to work from home or work from the office, (some office working, particularly during induction, will be preferred)
- Employee Assistance Programme (Paycare)*
- 25 days’ holiday per year pro-rata, plus your birthday off*
- Twice-yearly performance related bonuses*
- Wellbeing calendar full of activities
- Two days off per year paid to undertake volunteering work (pro-rata)*
*Applicable to team members on the payroll only
- Proven copywriting experience for the construction, tech and/or food & drink sectors
- Proven experience of different forms of writing including case studies, thought leadership, press releases, social media posts, award entries and blogs
- Passion for writing
- Working knowledge of the principles of SEO and Google Analytics
- Strong research and interviewing skills
- An understanding of the workings of a PR agency. Agency experience is preferred but not essential
- Attention to detail
Interested in applying or finding out more about the role? Please do get in touch and send your CV and covering email, with some relevant examples of your work, plus your available start date, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for enquiries is 25th June 2021 and after this point we'll contact you with more information. No recruitment agencies please.